Friday, January 8, 2010

“Greetings” December 6, 2009

Welcome family & friends to our little home on the prairie, cyber-style! My hope is that this site will enable you to stay connected with the happenings of the Gerling family!

As many of you know, we welcomed our son, Isaac, into the world on Friday, December 11th at 10:36 pm, weighing 8lbs and 20.5 in long. Our hope is to use this site to share with you our attempts at parenting as well as pics and video. I'm going to attempt to use the blog to journal my thoughts on what it's like to be a first time mom, from the joy (ahem, pain?) of birth to the stinky diapers and many goobers this child with bring with him! Most of all, I hope to use the blog to post devotionals or ways God is using me and molding me as a wife and as a mom. Psalm 127:3-5 says, "Children are a blessing from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." We feel extremely blessed to see our little family grow, and are thankful that through this site, we can share these moments with you.


Please feel free to use the guestbook to leave notes for us or Isaac, encouragements or thoughts for us! If ever there is a picture posted you'd like, please let me know (jodie@psalm127mom.com) and I can email it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment