Monday, August 2, 2010

LiFe...

Seems like forever ago that I last posted. It's been a crazy roller-coaster of the last couple months. I've been debating even blogging again simply because I feel so far behind on it that I'm not sure exactly how to catch up. 


 


I think the most important thing I should do first is thank everyone for their prayers, words of encouragement and love regarding Alan's dear uncle who passed away the day after my last post. His uncle meant so much to us, and was loved by so many, and although he hadn't been doing well because of cancer, we were all shocked at how quickly it took him, but we are resting in the hope of heaven right now and knowing that his uncle is in Glory with our Lord. 


 


I think everything that happened with his uncle's passing has caused us to kind of stop and take everything in...take a deep breath of life and know just how precious every day, every minute, every moment really is, and to try to soak them up as best we can. And it's also reminded us of not just a reminder that we need to live life, but Who we're living it for. Are we living for us, for ourselves, selfishly, or are we living for the Lord? Are we continually scheduling this and that and filling up our days with mundane tasks and appointments, or are we making time for the important things-for relationships with each other, with our friends, with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and for those who are still seeking Him? 


 


I could spend this {re}entry into the blogging world catching up on all the activities and things that have happened in the last two months, but instead I'm just going to leave it at this...to let us all ponder just how precious life is, and to let it be a reminder that every day, every second is a gift from God and we are to cherish it and use this time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment