Monday, April 5, 2010

Be Still







On Saturday I had the joy of photographing Kristen's senior pictures. We rode up to the ridge on her parent's property, and all you could see was prairie and the flint hills for miles upon miles on the beautiful Kansas horizon.






Just her and her cello, me and my camera. 






I asked her to start playing and I was going to move around her, capturing the moment, but instead, as she sweetly and slowly  played 'The Lord's Prayer', I was the one being captured in the moment. 






I stood there for a moment, just taking it in, letting the wind swirl the sweet notes around me and pondering the words of Christ's prayer; I was in awe of His presence.






Perhaps, after my long and busy week, this was God's way of slowing me down to think of Him, pray to Him, and 'Be still and know that He is God'. 






Thank you, Kristen, for that warm, holy moment, and for capturing my soul as I captured your image. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment